Urethane Green Adhesive
Call: (310) 800-2757
Ma Maison Floors' Urethane Green Adhesive is a fast-setting, 100%-solids, one-component, moisture cured urethane adhesive specifically designed for the installation of domestic solid and engineered wood flooring. It can also be used in elevated subfloor moisture conditions of up to 12 lbs. (5,44 kg) MVER and 95% relative humidity when a specific installation method and trowel notch configurations are used.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Sets quickly to control wood placement
• 100%-solids formulation; moisture-cured and with no solvent added
• Low-odor formula with negligible volatile organic compound (VOC) content
WHERE TO USE
• Approved for use with domestic solid and engineered wood flooring of any width and length; finger block parquet; acrylic impregnated wood and laminated plank; and reground rubber and cork underlayments • Interior residential (rental apartments, condominiums and homes) • Interior commercial (office buildings, hotel rooms/hallways and restaurant dining areas) • Interior heavy commercial (hotel lobbies, convention centers, airports and department stores) • Interior institutional (hospitals, schools, universities, libraries and government buildings)
• Do not install over any substrates containing asbestos. • For interior installations only • Not recommended for flooring designed for nail-down installations only • Not recommended for exotic hardwood flooring • Not recommended for prefinished cork flooring • Install flooring only in areas recommended by the wood-flooring manufacturer. • Do not apply over any adhesive residues, including cutback adhesive.
• Do not install when the moisture vapor emission rate (MVER) exceeds 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. (2,27 kg per 92,9 m2 ) per 24 hours, when using the anhydrous calcium chloride test (ASTM F1869), unless installed using the moisture-control method and trowel recommendations explained in the Product Application section below. Do not use this method if the MVER exceeds 12 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. (5,44 kg per 92,9 m2 ) per 24 hours. • Do not install when the relative humidity (RH) of the concrete slab exceeds 80% (ASTM F2170), unless installed using the moisture-control method and trowel recommendations explained in the Product Application section below. Do not use this method when the relative humidity exceeds 95% RH. • Do not install in areas with known hydrostatic moisture problems. • Use only when the substrate temperature is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C), and when the ambient relative humidity is between 20% and 80%. • Do not install unless the surface temperature of the substrate is at least 5 degrees Fahrenheit (2,8 degrees Celsius) above the dew point.
• Substrates must be flat to 3/16" in a 10-ft. span (4,5 mm in a 3,05-m span). • Concrete and cement-based underlayments/patches must be cured and free of any hydrostatic and/or moisture problems.
MIXING Before product use, take appropriate safety precautions. Refer to the Safety Data Sheet for details. • Ready to use; no mixing is necessary
Read all installation instructions thoroughly before installation.
Refer to the wood-flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for acclimation requirements and complete installation instructions.
Direct Bonding Method
1. Select the appropriately notched trowel (see the “Approximate Coverage” section) and spread the adhesive evenly over the subfloor. Keep the trowel at a 45-degree angle to the subfloor and keep trowel ridges perpendicular to the direction of the board or plank.
2. Only apply as much adhesive as can be installed over within 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Install wood flooring in strict accordance with the wood-flooring manufacturer’s written instructions.
1. Select the appropriately notched trowel identified as suitable for use for high-moisture conditions (see the “Approximate Coverage” chart).
2. Using the flat side of the trowel, key in the adhesive over the entire surface of the subfloor to ensure 100% coverage.
3. Using the notched side of the trowel, spread the adhesive consistently and evenly over the subfloor. Keep the trowel at a 45-degree angle to the subfloor and keep trowel ridges perpendicular to the direction of the board or plank.
4. Periodically check for monolithic adhesive layer to ensure 100% coverage over the subfloor and transfer to the back of the wood flooring. The 100% coverage is mandatory for applicability of the moisture-control warranty.
5. Only apply as much adhesive as can be installed within 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Install wood flooring in strict accordance with the wood-flooring manufacturer’s written instructions.
• Concrete (at least 28 days old) • Properly prepared cement terrazzo • Exterior-grade plywood and other approved wood substrates (per the wood-flooring manufacturer’s recommendations) • Existing, properly prepared ceramic tile • Cement-based self-leveling underlayments and patching compounds. For installations using the moisture-control method, use subfloor preparation products resistant to high moisture. Properly prepared, primed gypsum underlayments that meet the requirements for compressive strength according to ASTM F2419 • Radiant-heat systems that have been properly installed.
• All substrates must be structurally sound, dry, solid and stable. • The substrate should be clean and free of dust, dirt, oil, grease, paint, curing agents, concrete sealers, loosely bonded toppings, loose particles, and any other substance or condition that may prevent or reduce adhesion.
Product Performance Properties Laboratory Tests Results Solids content 100% Density 10.5 lbs. per U.S. gal. (1,25 g per mL) VOCs (Rule #1168 of California’s SCAQMD) 15 g per L VOCs (Section 01350 of California’s CDPH) Passed Flash point (Tag) > 200°F (93°C)
Shelf Life and Product Characteristics Shelf life 1 year when stored in original, unopened packaging at 73°F (23°C) Adhesive type Moisture-cured polyurethane Consistency Smooth paste Color Tan Storage conditions 50°F to 90°F (10°C to 32°C) Protect containers from freezing in transit and storage. If frozen, material should not be stirred until it has completely thawed. Provide for heated storage on site and deliver all materials at least 24 hours before work begins.
• Ultrabond ECO 977 is extremely difficult to remove when cured. Immediately clean any adhesive smudges from tools and the flooring material’s surface with Ultrabond ® Urethane Cleaner while the adhesive is still fresh/wet.
• Protect the installation from light traffic for at least 6 hours, and from heavy traffic for at least 12 hours.
• Building owners should be aware of the wood-flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for climate-control settings (temperature and humidity). These conditions must be monitored and kept constant to ensure the overall performance and long-term success of the installation.